Lactation Consultant Services:
As an in-home lactation consultant, I visit you where you are most comfortable – within your home. Prior to my visit with you and your baby, you’ll fill out an in depth health history form that will support your breastfeeding/chestfeeding goals.
In your consult, some of the things you can expect are:
- Mother and baby health history
- Breast/chest assessment
- Review of breastfeeding/chestfeeding session
- Examination of baby’s mouth with suck assessment
- Latch and positioning assistance
- Observing baby for cues and behaviours
- Discussion about milk supply (including concerns, low milk supply, and over supply)
- Appropriate teaching based on breastfeeding challenges (for example, painful breastfeeding, relactation, breastfeeding with anatomical challenges such as tongue tie, breastfeeding multiple infants, tandem breastfeeding, basic breastfeeding techniques, breastfeeding with augmentation or reduction, adoptive nursing, returning to work)
- Hand-outs based on teaching tips
- Information based on baby’s growth-for-age needs
- Discussion about baby’s elimination, number of diapers and contents thereof
- Developing a plan of care to help you meet your breastfeeding goals
- Written report sent to your primary care provider, as needed
- Signed consent
Lactation Consultant Fees
The consultation fee is $100 for the initial home visit and $60/hr for follow up visits, plus any recommended equipment costs.
An added travel fee will be applied for home visits which require travel beyond a 30 minute drive.
All initial visits include phone or e-mail follow up for 2 weeks at no additional charge.
Areas served: West Hants, Mt Uniacke, New Minas, Hantsport.
*Prices include tax, added travel costs outside of 30 minute drives.
I do not give medical advice, but am able to make and suggest appropriate referrals within the community.